01 March 2010

Disposable Beauty

I got a glimpse of God's extravagant wealth this morning. As I was driving to work, God drew a gorgeous sunrise across the eastern sky. It made my heart ache to look at the magnificence of those vivid pinks and oranges, especially since I realized that in a few seconds it would be gone. But then it occurred to me that God is so abundant and overflowing in majesty and splendor that he can casually produce such a display of beauty, then throw it away and do it all again tonight or tomorrow morning. It is more amazing than Michelangelo recreating the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel every morning and evening. It is a foretaste of the streets paved with gold. God is so overflowing with glory, wealth and beauty that it is commonplace, a casual everyday thing - just an expression of who He is. May the inexpressible wonders of God's creation continue to lead me to Him who created them.

No comments:

Post a Comment